If there’s one thing that skiiers and snowboarders have in common, it’s that their gear can really stink. Because of sweat and moisture, snow gloves often develop a musty odor. And then it lingers on hands, causing a fun day in the snow to turn sour.
How to wash snow gloves
Skiiers and snowboarders aren’t the only ones with smelly snow gloves in the closet. This cleaning method works for anyone’s snow gloves! So whether your kids are playing in the snow after a big flurry, or you’re just shoveling the driveway, you can get that musty smell out easily.
Can you wash waterproof snow gloves with HEX?
HEX is great for washing waterproof snow gloves and gear! Abrasive cleaning products can cause excessive wear on the DWR (Durable Water Repellent) treatment on gear. HEX Anti-Stink Laundry Detergent is a neutral pH and built for technical fabrics, and therefore won’t negatively affect fabric performance.
Harness the HEX Molecule to clean water resistant gear. The active ingredient in HEX Anti-Stink Laundry Detergent will actually temporarily enhance the performance of DWR-treated gear because of HEX’s hydrophobic characteristics. But of course, we always recommend following the manufacturer’s care instructions.
How to machine wash snow gloves with HEX
When snow gloves stink, it’s because bacteria is growing inside. HEX is the best way to remove bacterial odor and sweat from snow gloves. HEX solves stink. That means no more gross smell on your hands after taking your gloves off! So, here’s how to clean your gloves:
- Add a dose of HEX Performance Anti-Stink Laundry Detergent to your machine. Why HEX? Because HEX solves stink.
- Wash snow gloves on a regular cycle. Then tumble dry on low, and that’s it!
* We always recommend checking the manufacturer’s instructions before washing.
Pro tips for washing snow gloves
- Soak snow gloves in a solution of HEX Gear Wash to remove really built-up odor from all your snow adventures.
- Let gloves dry completely after playing (or shoveling) in the snow. You can place them near a heater to help them dry, but be careful! Heat can damage the fabrics and melt or warp your gloves.
- Treat gloves with HEX Anti-Stink Spray between washes for on-the-go cleaning and protection. Keep a bottle in your bag when you head to the mountains.