*Googles “how to wash clothes”* These HEX tips make laundry day as easy as possible, no textbook required.
We get it, the last thing you want to do on your Saturday morning is laundry. But the longer you let those clothes pile up, the bigger obstacle laundry day will be! If you’re like most college students, someone at home did all of the family’s laundry. But now, it’s all on you. Here’s how to wash clothes in college.
What you need:
Get a medium sized laundry basket, and wash your clothes before it overflows. Don’t lug a jug of blue detergentdown the stairs. HEX Performance Single Dose Detergent . And lastly, if your college requires quarters to use the machines, you’ll want to keep a handy container for quarters.
How to wash clothes:
Real talk: the washing machines in college might smell kind of moldy. And that smell might get on your clothes. Regular old detergent isn’t going to get that smell out. Unless you want to do the school a favor and wash the washing machines, you need HEX!
- Toss 1 or 2 single dose detergents in the machine. (Use 1 for a regular load and 2 if laundry day is a once-per-semester event for you.)
- Add clothes
- Adjust settings: Warm is usually a safe choice. In general, hot water provides better cleaning. Cold water prevents colors from running.
Laundry tips for college students
Real advice from real college students. Here’s what you need to know before laundry day. And don’t worry, you don’t need to study for this one.
- Skip the fabric softener. Dryer sheets and fabric softeners are bad for workout clothes especially.
- When in doubt, cool water is safe. Therefore you should always use cool water when washing activewear, clothes you really don't want to shrink, and when mixing different colored fabrics. But, it's especially important to use a detergent that actually cleans when washing with cold water.
- Don't worry about sorting. HEX is great for all laundry. Go ahead and wash sweaty workout clothes, party clothes, and the clothes you wear to class. You won't usually have a full load of whites to separate from a load of darks, either. That is unless you wait until the end of the semester to do laundry.
- Don't wait until the end of the semester to do laundry! Stay on top of it by doing a small or medium load every week or two. Then you can easily carry your non-overflowing basket and one HEX single dose down to the laundry room, instead of dragging your whole dirty wardrobe down with a jug of detergent.
Live clean in college with HEX
HEX Performance was created by pro athlete Drew Westervelt. His stinky, sweaty workout gear and clothes weren’t getting clean with old detergents on shelves. Out of that problem, HEX was born. And it really works. But don’t just take our word for it. Try it yourself! HEX can be purchased at select Target stores, Wegmans, Hannaford, Shaw’s and Star Market, and Giant Eagle. If you aren’t near those stores, you can also find HEX online through Amazon and Target.com.
Like HEX on Facebook and send us a message mentioning this post. We’ll give you a coupon code to get HEX on Amazon!